Mauritius is considered as the most competitive and successful economies in Africa and actively solicits foreign investment. In the World Bank’s 2017, Doing Business report (14th Edition), Mauritius is ranked 49th among 190 countries. The government of Mauritius’ (GOM’s) objective is for Mauritius to be ranked among the top ten most investment- and business-friendly locations in the world.
Over the years, Mauritius has built a strong reputation as a safe, reliable and secure jurisdiction with best practices in terms of transparency, good governance and ethics. It is internationally recognized as a well- regulated financial center. The Financial Services largely contributes to the Mauritian economy and to the development of the island.
Furthermore, Mauritius is continuously improving its range of financial products and shifting towards the provision of higher end and value added services.
It has a strong track record regarding global investment and its financial platform is increasingly being used for investment in emerging countries. Continued efforts are being put to position Mauritius as a jurisdiction of choice for investment and conducting business.
Why invest in Mauritius
- Maintain and build strong and friendly relations with countries like Europe, India, China and Africa
- Wide Network of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTA), 41 treaties in force.
- Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPA) with a number of countries, provides free repatriation of capital and returns, guarantee against expropriation, most favoured nation rule with respect of treatment of investors and compensation for losses in case of war or not.
- Preferential access to regional markets, including the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), the Interim Economic Partnership Agreement (IEPA) with EU, the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) with US.
- OECD white listed jurisdiction
- High level of Privacy and Confidentiality
- Qualified professionals in law, accountancy, tax and finance, trained locally and internationally.
- International Banks, funds, law and accountancy firms are now available in Mauritius
- Multicultural society lives in harmony and creates business friendly environment for international investors.
- Hybrid legal system which is based on English and French laws. The highest court of appeal is the Judicial Committee Privy Council in England.
Major attractiveness of Mauritius for offshore investment:
- Attractive fiscal regime
- Tax free dividend
- No capital gains tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- Global Business Companies Category 2 are tax-exempt
- Global Business Companies Category 1 has maximum effective tax rate of 3%
- Offshore Asset Protection
- Ease of set up / operation
- Mauritius has a very conductive and politically stable environment for doing business
- Bilingual workforce with high level of expertise
- Reliable banking & telecommunications system
- Appropriate legal & regulatory framework
- Convenient Time Zone
Mauritius has number of luxury hotels to suit all tastes. Our main hotels group are Sun Resorts, Beachcomber and Lux Resorts. These hotels are perfect for the beach lovers especially those who want to enjoy the sun during their non working days. Our hotels are mainly recognized for their excellent quality of accommodations and top-level services. We also have business hotels located in Port Louis and Ebène.
Please contact us for more information on your stay in Mauritius and about the documents, which will be required for your investment project. When you are done with the formalities, you can allow yourself to relax and enjoy with all the best Mauritius has to offer and make your stay in Mauritius an unforgettable journey, filled with new experiences and a sense of wonder.